Days Off The River
Livingstone Island - The Devils Pool
If you feel like treating yourself during your kayaking holiday, this trip to Livingstone Island, is well worth the trip. You will stand where David Livingstone first saw the Victoria Falls and uttered the words " Scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight." But hey, lets face it, the highlight for most people is sitting in the Angels Armchair on the lip of the falls in what has to be one of the coolest swimming holes on earth. We'll transport you out to the island by boat and serve you a fantastic afternoon tea.
Your Trip To Livingstone Island
You'll need to make your own way down to The Royal Livingstone Hotel to the Royal Landing with your voucher where you will don your pfd, and jet out to the Island on the powerboat. As you approach the lip of the Victoria Falls, it is hard not to be impressed by the sight in front of you. Your guide will take you to the lip of the falls to bathe in the warm water of the Zambezi in what is termed the Angels Armchair. This trip is well worth the money to experience this view and there is no other way to get out here. Enjoy your colonial afternoon tea on the island after your swim and you'll head back to the Royal Landing and then back into town.
Included In Your Trip
- Transfers to and from the island from the Royal Landing at Royal Livingstone Hotel
- Professional guide
- Afternoon tea and drinks
- Rainwear if necessary
Details About The Trip
- Participants are required to be at the Royal Landing no later than 15.30 on your day of departure.
- A taxi will be required to take you from where you are staying to the Royal Landing. This will be around 25,000 Kwacha
- You may have to sign an indemnity form
What You Should Bring
- Your voucher
- Some swimwear and a towel for swinng in Angels Armchair
- Enough monet for a taxi back to Livingstone (around 25-30,000 Kwacha) If a few of you are going we may be able to arrange a transfer.