Days Off The River
Jet Boating On The Zambezi River
This is a unique and amazing adventure on the Zambezi River. Your entire trip takes about 3.5 hours and you'll be thrilled with a stunning jetboat ride through the Batoka Gorge for around 30 minutes. You'll be within inches of the basalt rock walls under the careful guidance of your jetboat driver wo has himself done thousands of trips on the river. There is a gondola to make for an easy lift into and out of the Gorge, so you can spend your time, enjoying the activity. The highlight for many apart from the stunning scenery are the "Hamilton Spins" when the jet boat goes from full speed into a spectacular 360 degree spin.. sort of like pulling off the dream kayak move!
Your Jetboat Trip
You'll be collected by our purpose built 4X4 truck and taken on the scenic drive out to the base station at the top of the gorge. Here you'll take the spectacular (and easy) gondola ride into the gorge. We can take up to 25 people in the gondola at once. You'll be outfitted with a PFD and you'll be given a full explanation of your trip by the driver of the boat. You are then off up the river in our powerful 700HP boat within inches of the basalt walls performing spins and navigating rapids with ease... well thats how the driver makes it look! After your 30 minute trip you will ride out of the gorge and be transported back to your lodge of backpackers.
Included In Your Trip
- Thrilling Jet Boat Ride that takes approximately 3½ hours.
- Pick up and drop off at your campsite, hotel or lodge.
- Transfer to and from the River (through traditional African Villages) in our comfortable 4WD vehicles.
- Ride into the Batoka Gorge on the unique Cable Car system.
- Thrilling 30 minute Jet Boat ride! Powering through rapids, buzzing rocks and performing "Hamilton Spins" on the mighty Zambezi River.
- Ride out of the Batoka Gorge on the unique Cable Car system.
Jet Extreme now operates a new Kwik Kraft Super Twin 22 passengers + 1 crew boat. This 700hp monster is powered by two 383 V8 Chevs running through two Hamilton Jet 212 units. It is one of the largest and most powerful commercial jet boats of its kind ever built.
The Cable Car System
The cable car has a capacity of 25 pax. To walk out of the gorges takes an average person 40 minutes, but with the cable car, only 8 minutes. The system is world class and built to South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) standard for Aerial Ropeways 10148.
As a high adrenaline activity, clients must not participate in our activity if they suffer from one of the following medical conditions.
- Back problems.
- Heart conditions.
- Fear of heights.
- Minimum age 7 years. Clients under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Life jackets must be worn while on the boats.
- An indemnity form must be signed by clients before boarding the cable car and the jet boat.
What to Bring
- Please bear in mind that you may get wet whilst riding on the jet boat – beware of white T-shirts!
- You may wish to bring some spending money as we have soft drinks and snacks for sale on site. You may also be interested in purchasing a T-shirts or video of your experience.