Inflatable Kayak Trip
Zambezi Day Trip
Come and see the new activity that everyone is talking about. You will see just how much fun the sport of kayaking is! Our clients have described it as "way better than rafting" and that is clients who have rafted both the White Nile and the Zambezi River. You will be given expert tuition from our world class team of kayak guides and a supreme amount of confidencce as you don your high float life jacket, helmet and sit in your own craft to tackle some of the Zambezi's best whitewater. For anyone with an adventurous spirit, and who has always wanted to try kayaking, this trip is perfect for you!
Your guides will collect you from your hotel or backpackers between 7:30 and 8 am depending on your hotels location. We'll take you to the river and you will receive a full safety briefing on what happens if your boat turns over. Our safety kayakers are always on hand to offer help and support should this happen. Then we get on the water so you can get to grips with your boat. Our craft are exceptionally stable and have been purpose built to run the Zambezi. After a short time learning the skills required, we paddle into the Overland Truck Eater, our first rapid of the day. From here we run down to The Three Ugly Sisters and The Mother, with its series of big waves, this rapid is 100% fun in your boat. From here the rapids space out a little where you get a chance to relax and check out the scenery and then we stop near Double Trouble and have some lunch. We get to watch the rafts go through here and plan our line! Then its onto the world famous Oblivion! You'll walk out of the gorge to our waiting vehicle and the best tasting beer you have EVER had! We will be back in town by 4.30pm.
If you are in Livingstone for a few days, perhaps combine your inflatable kayaking trip with a sunset cruise on the Upper River. This includes a barbeque and all your drinks, the perfect way to finish off your holiday! The cost for this combo is $250
Pick Up Point & Time
We will collect all our clients from where you are staying. This will be between 7.30 and 8:00am depending on where you are situated. When you book, we'll let you know the approximate collection time. At the conclusion of your trip we'll have you back at your hotel between 4:30-5pm.
What You Need To Bring on The Trip
Minimal items are needed for your trip.
• A water bottle (we put them on the cataraft)
• Swimsuit and or shorts
• Chums to secure your glasses (we have these for sale or you can use string) Soft contacts are also okay.
• T shirt, lycra top or long sleeved shirt for sun protection.
• Thermal top for trips in August and from November - January
• Sunscreen and lipbalm (guides have a drybag for this)
• Sturdy shoes or sandals (we suggest Keens or Chacos)
Many of these items can be purchased from www.thezambezi.com/riverwear or from your Zambezi crew.
The Fine Print
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: None... give it a try
Photos and DVD: These can be pre-arranged if you wish. There will be a charge for them.
Indemnity Form: All clients will be required to sign an indemnity for before going on the river.
Swimming Ability Required: Yes
Do I Need Kayaking Experience: No
Please inform us of any dietary requirements before the trip. We will also require to know any medical conditions you may have or any medication you are on. All guides possess first aid and swiftwater rescue qualifications and we carry comprehensive first aid kits on the river and a satellite phone.
Included In Your Trip
- Collection and drop off from your hotel
- All transfers to and from the river
- Top quality international guides at a ratio of 1 guide to every 4 guests (extra cost)
- A cold beer at the end of the day
- "Kayakguru" T shirts are available from guides at $15 each.
You will be collected from your hotel, guesthouse or backpackers between 8 and 8.30 am and will be back in town by 5pm.
You should be able to swim and be confident in and around water and be able to follow clear instructions from your guides.
There is a steep walk into and out of the gorge, so a good level of fitness is required.
Parks fees are included
You will be required to walk into the gorge with your paddle, PFD and helmet
You are required to take any medication on the river that you are on and inform the Trip Leader about ANY medical condition you have before the trip starts.
Your Gear For The Trip
- Water Bottle (this will go on the cataraft)
- If you wear glasses, something to attach them to your head such as Chums.
- Lycra top or long sleeved shirt to keep the sun off.
- Swimsuit and or shorts to wear in the boat
- Sandals or shoes that will stay on your feet (not flip flops). We suggest Chaco, Teva or Keens