The Seamless Shuttle
Your Paddling Logistics
Let us take all the worry out of arranging your kayaking logistics on the Zambezi River. Far from just "tagging along" on a rafting trip, these are kayaking trips for paddlers. Your Park Fees, porters, lunch, transport to and from the river and a cold beer at the end of the day are all included in your day. Book multiple days for your paddling trip, or just spend a few days popping up from South Africa. You will after all be paddling one of the best rivers in the world. You can bring your own gear or we have boats and gear to hire if you need them.
PLEASE NOTE, BOOKING THE SEAMLESS SHUTTLE IN ZAMBIA WILL BE $55, BOOKING IN ADVANCE IS THE WAY FORWARD! A single supplement of $20 is applicable if you are the only paddler on that day, this is payable in country as and when neccessary, so bring some buddies along with you!
You'll be collected by our guides from where you are staying between 8 and 9am and taken to the section that has been agreed upon to paddle. You have a range of excellent choices, starting either from rapid number 1 or number 10 you can choose how long a section you would like to paddle, whether that's a full day from 1-25 or a short blast from 10 to play the day away on the wave at 12b. We will arrange porters for your boats into and out of the gorge and take care of lunch for you and getting you back to town for a few beers.
Daily departure times from JOLLYBOYS BACKPACKERS are as follows:
- Shuttle to rapid number 1 at 8am
- Shuttle to rapid number 10 at 9am
Pickups from other accommodation may vary.
There is a board up at JollyBoys Backpackers to put your name down for which shuttle you would like to catch. Shuttle busses leave at the advertised times SHARP so be there on time!
Pick Up Point & Time
You'll be collected by the guide team between 8 and 9am. You will be dropped back off around 5 pm depending on which section you have chosen to paddle.
When booking on line, this activity is considered as "accommodation" so you can book consecutive days. For example, if you are planning to paddle from 1-7 August inclusive, add this as your date range. See you on the river.
Included In Your Shuttle Transport to and from the river. Only rapids between 1 and 25 can be catered for. Multidays are available on request.
- Porters for your boats into and out of the river
- Parks Fees
- A cold beer at the end of the day
- A guide. This however is compulsory on your first day on the river. The cost for the guide is $100 for the day.
- Evacuation insurance.You need to make sure you have relavent travel insurance covering you on up to grade V water.
Your Gear For The Day
Minimal gear is required for you day paddling with us.
- Small drybag for lunch etc.
- Rash vest for sun protection
- Shorty dry top/cag for paddling before end August and after November
- Kayak.. sounds obvious! (can be hired from us)
- Paddle (can be hired from us)
- Spray deck (can be hired from us)
- PFD (can be hired from us)
- Helmet (can be hired from us)
- Water bottle
- Sturdy shoes/sandals for walking into the gorge
- Shorts and or swimming costume